Remind Yourself that You Have a Choice
- You can choose to be happy or sad
- You can choose to be alive or dead
- You can choose to focus on abundance instead of scarcity.
- Notice the resources around you: people, things, situations and everything that is a part of your life
- View your resources as potentials for abundance
Life is for living. Choose to make the best of it. Choose to make it grand. If you take the trouble to look around you, you will notice there are many opportunities all around you. Smile at the old woman crossing the road. Allow the old man behind you get on the bus before you. These seemingly insignificant gestures do not cost you much but they uplift the people you share them with.
Next time you are at the bakery, pick an extra loaf of bread, as a gift to the old woman behind your house. It may just be what she needs before her daughter’s next visit. You will be amazed at the story she will tell you, sequel to the gesture and that will inspire you for life. Learn to share the little you have. It will lead to big discoveries. Remember the story of the man who prayed for a pair of shoes? As he walked along the road, he found a destitute who had no feet begging for alms. It was only then it struck him that he had feet and so the shoes could wait.
This is your life. Choose what you want to do with it.